Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cooking on a budget.

So I was on Pinterest the other day and found this blog were the woman feeds her family of four on $200 a month. I know I thought the same thing yeah right. So I am going to attempt to see how low I can get my budget. Let me make a disclaimer about my budget: I had already gone to Sam's and bought my meat and this summer I went to the local Farmer's Market a lot and bought a lot veggies that I put in my deep freeze Also this does not include my stuff like toilet paper and washing detergent ( Her blog didn't include those either. So here is week 1 menu and the money I spent. $76.82

Meal 1:Smoked Sausage Dogs, Baked Beans and potato salad
Meal 2: Shrimp and chicken Tacos with pinto beans
Meal 3: Hamburger steak with gravy and onions mashed potatoes and corn on the cob ( I had a salad instead of corn and potatoes)
Meal 4: Filet Mignon, baked potato and salad
Meal 5: BBQ Porkchop, fried okra, purple hull peas

We had bread most of the meals and they were buttered hotdog buns that were left over. I didn't eat any because I am trying to lose of some ten pounds I have gained over summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment